The new semester is here! Why not celebrate back-to-school with new outfits? This time, instead of shopping, consider….SWAPPING!
Who says that you have to dig deep into your pocket for a new wardrobe? You just need to dig in deep into your closet! The SWAP Team, North America’s biggest swapping clothing swap is coming to Concordia, and this time, the entire event would be run by none other than Concordia students themselves. With our partners, David O’Brien Centre for Sustainable Enterprise (DOCSE) and Career Management Services (CMS) in Concordia University’s John Molson School of Business, we aim to create more awareness in sustainable clothing consumption among university students.
How the event works:
- Clean out your closet, and set aside the nicest things that you aren’t wearing anymore and get them cleaned.
- If you have more than 10 items to swap, then you’ll need to drop it off in advance before the swap starts. Otherwise, please bring no more than 10 items with you on the day of the swap.
- Please download and print this label and place one on each bag of clothing you bring with you to the swap.
- We will look over everything and decide what to accept — if it’s clean and, undamaged then chances are we’ll take it.
- Every item we accept earns you 1 exchange coupon, valid for any other item at the swap.
- Sorry, we do not sell clothing or exchange coupons. You MUST bring acceptable clothing to swap in order to participate.
- All Clothing remaining after the event will be donated to Renaissance, a Montreal-based charity.
For student body from any university or college (please have your ID ready at the entrance): advance $5, regular $8
SAVE THESE DATES:
CLOTHING DROP OFFS:
Any day before September 19:
When: During regular business hours
Where: The David O’Brien Centre for Sustainable Enterprise offices: 1450 Guy, office 6.325 or 6.323
What to do: Bring your clothes in a sealed bag and make sure to have label inside with your name and student ID (if applicable), and the total number of items in that bag. This is very important, because if we don’t have the label, we can’t know these clothes came from you!
Wednesday, September 19
When: 1PM – 5PM
Where: Molson Building Atrium (1450 Guy)
We also have special appearances from:
- Snob Affair – a Montreal-based blog that doesn’t settle when it comes to fashion!
Whether to put together a business attire, or to match up casual outwear, they will be there as your fashion consultant!
- Thé Kiosque
Aside from being a cozy hang-out place to study or chitchat near Concordia, Thé Kiosque will generously provide us with hot tea to refresh your energy. When you need a break from swapping, come try out the different flavours Thé Kiosque has to offer!
- A special guest seamstress who will be doing alterations and fittings to the clothes you have swapped – on the spot! While the simple work will be free of charge, she will be also offering more complex alteration at a special student discount.
So what are you waiting for? Join us, have fun, and swap it up!